People helping people strengthen the Dunn County community by providing food, shelter and support.
Stepping Stones seeks to foster a community that prevents hunger, homelessness, and
isolation throughout Dunn County.
Justice and Sustainability
- All people have the right to nutritious food, adequate housing, and other needed support services.
- Sufficient resources exist in our community to provide supportive services and prevent hunger and homelessness.
- Stepping Stones advocates for the just and equitable sharing of resources.
- Stepping Stones is committed to the sustainable use of resources, including economic, environmental, and personal resources to assure their availability and abundance in the present and the future.
- Individuals reach their full potential, and achieve balance and wellness through connections to community.
- Stepping Stones’ services provide bridges to community, to stability, and to self-sufficiency.
- Community is fostered by nurturing inclusivity and diversity.
Compassionate Work and Service
- The effectiveness, talent, and commitment of volunteers and staff are critical to the success of Stepping Stones’ mission.
- Staff must be equipped to accomplish their responsibilities, and provided with just compensation.
- Clients, volunteers, and staff cooperate to create a caring, respectful, trusting atmosphere and to engage in work that is mutually rewarding.
- Work and service spaces that are pleasant, well maintained, and suited to the needs of the service will best facilitate Stepping Stones’ mission.