Winter Haven season will be here soon and we need your help! The shelter can sleep up to 10 people per night. There are 2 volunteer shifts per night and 2 volunteers are needed for each shift— 7:30 pm – 1:30 am & 1:30 am – 7:30 am.
Duties include: checking guests in, serving coffee & snacks, ensuring everyone is settled for the night and awakened in the morning, setting out breakfast foods, and tidying up.
We also need help spreading the word about the need for volunteers. Please tell your friends, family, colleagues, church groups, civic organizations, etc.! If there are no volunteers to take a shift the shelter must close and we don’t want that! Volunteers must be 18 or older.
If you can help by being an overnight host please contact Jill Seichter, the volunteer coordinator, at 715.235.2920 or email@example.com. Daytime hosts are also needed but overnight volunteers are the most critical.
- $10 gas cards
- Dunn County Transit bus passes
- $10 Burger King or Culver’s gift cards
- Coffee & basket filters
- Kitchen towels, dish cloths, hot pads
- Paper towels, zip-lock bags (all sizes)
- Dish soap & dish washer detergent
- Laundry detergent & dryer sheets
- Mop & bucket
- All-purpose cleaners
- Toilet cleaner & brushes
- Toilet paper & Kleenex
- Tampons & pads
- Garbage bags
- Odor eaters insoles & foot powder
- Socks & underwear (mostly men’s)
- Twin size sheets