Become a 2020 Empty Bowls sponsor today!
On Saturday, March 28, the doors of the Menomonie High School Commons will open at 11 a.m. for Empty Bowls 2020. Individuals and families alike have made this popular fundraiser a long-standing annual tradition as they enjoy a bowl of delicious soup accompanied by fresh-baked bread and desserts while they listen to local musicians and visit with friends. The event features unique, hand-crafted bowls, a silent auction, children’s activities and more.
Other ways to contribute to the success of Empty Bowls 2020!
- Bowl Painting: Organize an after-school or evening event for youth or adult groups to have some creative fun by glazing bowls for our inventory.
- Bake an Extra Dozen: Calling all home bakers to make some extra chocolate chip cookies, pumpkin bars or other treats when you’re baking a batch. Just pop them in the freezer and drop them off at Stepping Stones the week before Empty Bowls.
- Make a Batch of Soup: We can make arrangements for your group to whip up big pots at an approved kitchen. Soup will be frozen and stored for us until the event.
- Ask your Youth Group to Make Place Mats: Coloring place mats is a great activity for younger kids to get involved — and helps to make our table setting look extra special on the big day.
- Join our Empty Bowls Committee: We welcome help with the planning, promotion and organization of our event.
- Plan to Attend Empty Bowls on March 28th and help us support your neighbors in need!
Contact Kris Pawlowski at firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!
Winter is here!
We need your help keeping people safe and warm!
For the eighth year in a row, the Winter Haven overnight shelter in Menomonie will be open for homeless adults.
As of November 15th, Winter Haven is open until March 31st to provide a safe, warm place for adults age 18 and over to sleep overnight, providing food, showers and laundry facilities. In addition to spreading the word, dedicated volunteers are needed to operate the shelter. Two shifts run from 7:30 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. or 1:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. — and each shift requires two trained volunteers to ensure the shelter can be open.
Want to help? All training opportunities take place at the shelter at 1518 Stout Road (next to Stepping Stones). To schedule a training for a group, or for one-on-one training, contact Jill Seichter, email@example.com or call 715-235-2920.
Can’t volunteer? Here are other ways to help those in need stay warm!
- Donate personal care items, cleaning supplies, coffee, restaurant coupons, gas cards and bus tokens
- Or send a financial donation by making a check out to Stepping Stones of Dunn County and sending it to: Winter Haven, Stepping Stones of Dunn County, 1602 Stout Road, Menomonie, WI 54751.
Any other questions? Feel free to contact Heidi Hooten, Stepping Stones Shelter Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org
Discount Cards are now half price!
Only $5 for discounts at 15 area organizations and valid from now until August 31, 2020. Most are for 10 to 20 percent off all purchases!
Enjoy savings at these great locations: Marion’s Legacy, La Dee Dah, Cancun Restaurant, Log Jam Bar & Grill, Dairy Queen, Acoustic Cafe, The Duke & Dagger, Erbert and Gerbert’s, Tabby’s Catfe, Denny’s, The Raw Deal, Toppers Pizza, Advance Auto, Exit 45 Restaurant, and Waterfront Restaurant.
Click Here to order online. Or stop by Stepping Stones at 1602 Stout Road, Menomonie and pick your cards up in person.
When you’re shopping online please use this Amazon Smile link to have 0.5% of your purchase donated directly to Stepping Stones! It couldn’t be easier to support Stepping Stones and we will all be smiling.
Note: You must use the above link or the Amazon Smile link on Amazon.com—using the mobile app does not give you the option to donate.